Presenter: Susan Hamre, MA, CCC-SLP, is an ASHA certified speech-language pathologist and she owns and manages a private practice in Northern New Mexico and is also the Director of the Autism Training Center at Giant Steps, Lisle, Illinois.
Description: Join autism expert Susan Hamre, MA, CCC-SLP, and spend the day sharpening your critical observation skills at recognizing the early and subtle signs of autism. The behavioral differences between a neurotypical infant and one with autism are so subtle – easily missed and can become deeply ingrained in the child’s neurological system.
You will learn treatment techniques proven to interrupt and replace the development of many ‘coping behaviors’ exhibited by children with autism (ages 0-5), such as:
· Sensory seeking/avoiding
· Reduction of social reciprocity
· Resistance to cuddling/being held
· Repetitive behaviors
· Reduced engagement
· Eating/sleeping challenges
· Under-developed communication
This seminar can help eradicate the delay in obtaining early diagnoses, thereby giving children a greater chance of developing some form of a communication system. Through case examples, videos and lively class discussion, you will walk away with new and improved strategies, so that once a diagnosis is made, treatment can begin immediately.
Walk away with skills designed to:
· Recognize subtle differences in neurotypical and at-risk infants
· Identify the ‘red flags’ of autism in infants, toddlers and young children
· Customize your treatment plans to each child’s unique challenges
· Reduce insurance denials due to increased signs of progress
· Provide you support to work with families and other professionals
· Demonstrate results from evidence-based therapeutic strategies that can positively impact your clinical outcomes
Click here to register!