Presenter: Dr. Peter Moran, Ph.D. is a senior partner and clinical director of Cornerstone Behavioral Health, a multi-disciplinary practice with offices in Worcester and Fitchburg.
Clinical Expert Series by the Bridge Training Institute
Description: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is increasingly established by research as the treatment of choice for a wide array of substance abuse, mood, behavioral disorders and most recently, as a key component in the treatment of psychotic disorders. Initially developed as a treatment for depression, CBT is now recognized to be effective with a range of clinical conditions such as phobias, anxiety, addiction, borderline personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, non-suicidal self-injury, eating disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.
CBT is an empirically-based and pragmatic treatment that focuses on understanding and changing problematic thoughts, feelings and behaviors and thus having a sustained and positive impact on the person’s emotional wellbeing.
This foundational training will provide the practitioner with an understanding of the theoretical structure of CBT and the essential clinical skills you can apply in your practice.
Following this training the participants will understand:
1. The CBT theory of the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors
2. The essential measuring tools to assess therapeutic progress
3. How to tailor the CBT treatment plan to the specific presentation of the client.
4. How psychopharmacological treatment can be an adjunct to CBT treatment
5. How to integrate the individuals use of medications into the treatment process.
Registration fee: $159 per training (includes 6 CEUs)
Register for any combination of 3 trainings are receive $50 off the total cost.
Click here for more information.
Click here to register!