Presenter: Daniel B. Jacobs, Ed.M., M.B.A., Psy.D. is a Core Faculty member at William James College in the School Psychology Department Dr. Jacobs also serves as an adjunct faculty member in WJC’s Clinical Psychology and Organizational Leadership Psychology Departments, and created and teaches courses including The Psychology of Leadership and Followership and Creative Change and Transformative Leadership.
Clinical Expert Series by the Bridge Training Institute
Description: In this workshop we will explore key leadership (and key team member) attributes that enhance the team on both the individual and group levels. Using the “Three C’s” framework of “Communication, Collaboration, and Collegiality” we will look at interaction strategies, cooperative problem solving techniques, communication styles, and methods of enhancing the relational model that foster increased effectiveness, improved interactional styles, and self-efficacy. We will consider ways to handle change, transitions, and unexpected challenges in a confident, level headed and efficient manner. We will also review ways to promote self-care, creativity and flexibility among all members of the team to help decrease burnout of team and community members. The workshop will focus on intervention options for the team leader to improve the situation and we will also explore ways the other members of the team can add and contribute to the growth and change process in a positive manner.
This workshop will include a mix of lecture, case method, multi-media presentation and discussion, and is designed to be informative, interactive, and even fun (which obviously helps when you address such serious issues). Hope you can come and join us for the exploration of these important issues.
Following this training the participants will understand:
- Key factors that enhance team formation, collaboration, development and effective interaction
- Communication strategies that enhance effectiveness in problem solving, crisis response and longer-range planning.
- Steps to develop a relational model between leader and team members to improve effectiveness.
- Initiatives and intervention points to effect cognitive, behavioral and systemic change.
- Self-care and colleague support strategies, to decrease risk of compassion fatigue, and vicarious traumatization.
Registration fee: $159 per training (includes 6 CEUs)
Register for any combination of 3 trainings are receive $50 off the total cost.
Click here for more information.
Click here to register!