Presenters: Elizabeth (Beth) A. Caldwell, MS, Director, Building Bridges Initiative, Karen Anne Johnson, FDC, FPC, Residential Family Peer Advocate, Katie Rushlo, BS, Youth Advocate
Description: This Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) Webinar will provide an overview of residential best practices across the country. Beth Caldwell, Director of BBI, will share the framework and principles of BBI that lead to residential transformation, and provide examples of residential best practices from programs across the country that focus on sustained success post residential discharge. The webinar will feature Karen Anne Johnson, a residential family advocate and Katie Rushlo, a youth advocate. They will share critical strategies for engaging families and youth, and specific practices that operationalize the BBI principles of family-driven and youth-guided care.
1) Increase their understanding of national residential transformation efforts;
2) Increase their understanding of critical factors for achieving long-term positive outcomes for youth and families served in residential programs;
3) Increase their understanding of practice elements used in residential programs that have engaged in transformation towards improving long-term positive outcomes post-discharge;
4) Increase their knowledge-base about the importance of family-driven and youth-guided care, and increase understanding of different practices/strategies to operationalize these values into practice;
5) Learn from a family member/family advocate about strategies to engage families;
6) Have an opportunity to ask questions and discuss challenges that participants have faced or think they may face in implementing these transformations in their respective programs; and
7) Will leave the webinar with renewed enthusiasm for going back to their programs to continue:
· to improve overall focus on family-driven, and youth-guided practices; and/or
· to improve their overall focus on ensuring sustained positive outcomes post discharge for youth and families.
Webinar Registration: Please contact Kelly Pipkins Burt at email@example.com with questions.
Click here to register!